WE ARE SETTING THE STAGE IN STEM
The DiversifySTEM app and website was developed based on the recommendations that came out of OSPE's "Breaking Barriers for Women in STEM" project research and report.
DiversifySTEM is a microlearning app and website that delivers bite-sized, actionable lessons to promote diversity and change culture in STEM workplaces.
DiversifySTEM is made up of modules that are flexible, enjoyable and action-oriented, with thought-provoking content that can be discussed and shared with others.
THIS IS OUR GOAL
To increase the participation and advancement of women in STEM by collecting and analyzing grassroots perspectives, developing technology-based tools for employers and promoting policy recommendations.
In 2017, The Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) launched a project to address systemic barriers that contribute to the underrepresentation of women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Funded by Status of Women Canada, with support from 12 partners including The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologist( OACETT), Engineers Canada and the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
OSPE worked with students, educational institutions, professionals, employers, and governments, collecting and analyzing grassroots perspectives to develop resources, strategies and policy recommendations to support, retain and advance women in STEM.
MEET THE TEAM
KATHY LERETTE, C.E.T.
Kathy Lerette, C.E.T. is an executive-level engineering and operations professional in the energy industry and serves as Senior Vice President, Business Transformation at Alectra Utilities.
ANNETTE BERGERON, P.ENG., MBA
VALERIE DAVIDSON, P.ENG., PHD
DiversifySTEM has been highlighted and/or promoted at the following events:
- The Canadian Coalition of Women in Engineering, Science, Trades and Technology (CCWESTT) Biennial Conference – 06/2018
- The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) Council Meeting, 09/2018
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) monthly lunch and learn - 09/2018
- Engineering Human Resource Association (EHRA) Annual Conference, 09/2018
- OSPE’s Women in Engineering Advocacy Champions Task Force (WE ACT) Fall Forum – 06/2019
- Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) Workplace Equality Ribbon Campaign - 09/2019
- Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce - Winspirational Event - 09/2019
- OSCA Ontario School Counsellors Association Conference - 10/2019
- #Movethedial summit - 11/2019
- OSPE Equity Diversity Inclusion (EDI) Summit – 11/2019
- Women in Technology Event: Mohawk College – 11/2019
- Siemens Women in Engineering Event 11/2019
- Society of Women in Engineering (SWE) workshop. 11/2019